From Middle School Science Teacher, Mr. Luke Kinninger...
Milton-Union students were extremely successful at the Miami County Science Fair on Thursday evening. Special thanks to the Knostman family and Melissa Harlow for coming out and showing their support for students. Highlights were...
- Nine students competed. Seven were judged superior (highest rating) and two were scored excellent (second highest rating). A superior rating means the students now have the opportunity to compete at the District Fair.
- Overall, Milton-Union students won eight special awards and received $550 in prizes. The county fair awards a total of $3,500 in prizes, so Milton-Union was awarded about 16 percent.
- Of 84 projects, three of the top six were from Milton-Union - Abby Hissong, Sydney Dohrman, and Evan Beard.
- Abby Hissong won second place overall.
- Emerson Award for Outstanding Project in Behavioral and Social Sciences - Evan Beard
- Avogadro Award for Outstanding Project in Chemistry- Maddie Stasiak
- Emerson Award for Outstanding Project in Computer Science or Robotics - Holden Lapham and Bill Yang
- Cargill Award for Plant Science - Abby Hissong
- Abbott Nutrition "I am Accountable" Award - Sydney Dohrman
- Award for Best Presentation of Data - Sydney Dohrman and Maddie Stasiak
The complete list of Milton-Union participants were Evan Beard, Maddie Stasiak, Alyssa Smith, Bill Yang, Holden Lapham, Micah Tracy, Chris Trimbach, Sydney Dohrman, and Abby Hissong.