M-U Elementary Parent Information
Welcome to the 23-24 school year! We are looking forward to a great year! The elementary administrative team has a new member, Mrs. Annie Blankenship will be serving as the Elementary Assistant Principal K-5. We are so excited to have her join the Bulldog Family! Please make sure you seek her out and introduce yourself and child(ren) to her on Open House Night, Monday, August 21, 2023 from 5-7pm.
I look forward to seeing all of our returning families at Open House and can’t wait to meet all of our new families!
Yours in education,
Loretta Henderson, Principal
Important beginning of the year information for our families:
- Students are not to arrive or be dropped off prior to 8:30. There are no adults to supervise students prior to that time.
- Breakfast changes: In an effort to start instruction on time at 9:00 we will stop serving breakfast earlier this year. Parents dropping their children off for breakfast will need to do so between 8:30 and 8:45am. Busses have unloaded prior to that time. If there is a late bus, those students (only) will be permitted to go to breakfast when they arrive. We will not serve students who arrive at the cafeteria after 8:55.
- Students who are NOT eating breakfast will be permitted to enter the building at 8:40.
- A reminder to parents that breakfast is NOT served when we have 2-hour late arrivals.
- The Dental Clinic (Health Partners of Western Ohio Dental Outreached Program) forms will be sent home at Open House. Forms MUST have both sides completed and returned to the Elementary Office by September 1, 2023. The clinic will be here September 5-9. They will need time to process your forms.
- We will not be taking school fees on Open House Night. You may pay your fees online with a credit or debit card using EZPay, come to the Elementary Office during business hours and pay with a credit/ debit card, check or cash OR send a check or cash to school in an envelope with your child’s name and “school fees” on the outside of the envelope.
- If you are picking your child up in the car rider line at the end of a day, please put your child’s car rider tag on the dashboard on the passenger side of your vehicle. If you need additional tags, let your teacher know and they will send them home.
- If your child is going to be absent, parents/guardians MUST, by law, contact the school to let them know their child will be absent. The attendance hotline is: 937-884-7933