As parents and families who are members of the voting public already know, the Miami County Board of Elections, after extensive consideration, made the decision several months ago to consolidate polling locations across the county. At that time and largely due to accessibility, schools and other public buildings were identified to maintain consistency in polling locations from election to election. Therefore, beginning November 7, 2023, and for the foreseeable future, the Milton-Union School District campus will function as a polling location for area precincts for both fall and spring elections.
Because the final decision regarding polling locations was made after the creation, approval, and communication of the district calendar, Milton-Union Schools will make the following adjustments to prepare for Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
- Students will not be in session on November 7, 2023. High voter turnout is expected with poll workers and members of our public having access to the cafeteria throughout the day.
- Teachers and staff members will report to their buildings and departments on November 7.
- Students will be assigned work to complete and submit to their teachers. Completion of assigned work will document student participation and engagement for the day.
- On November 7, teachers will be available to provide support at designated times throughout the day and can respond to email, Teams, and Seesaw messages from students, parents, and families with questions.
- More information regarding assignments and teacher availability will be communicated from each building and/or staff member later.
- There will be no early dismissal on Wednesday, November 8, 2023. Students and staff members will follow a regular schedule on November 8.
- To prepare for the spring election, the district will communicate any further changes to the 2023-24 calendar at that time.
Please consult the Quick Voting Guide for more information regarding the November election. Please note the Voter Registration deadline is October 10 at 9:00pm. To check your status or register to vote in the General Election on November 7, please follow the link.
Please feel free to call the Board of Education or building main office with any clarification questions. Thank you for your continued support of the Milton-Union Schools.