Given Ohio Department of Health orders from several weeks ago, Milton-Union and other school districts across the state are required to communicate positive staff member and student COVID-19 cases. Districts may choose to mail or send letters, post information on websites, use social media feeds, etc., but schools must communicate positive cases as they occur to students, staff members, families, and community members.
Frequent updates can make it seem like the current number of positive cases are overwhelming, and although we remain concerned about all students and staff members testing positive, most individuals are experiencing mild symptoms, recover well, and return to school and work once they are fever and symptom free. As so many already know, individuals experience this virus differently and unpredictably, so we remain cautious, careful, and understanding as our staff members, students, and family members recover fully and return to their normal routines.
To better communicate the presence or absence of school spread, this message is intended to more accurately demonstrate the active cases Milton-Union continues to track as of November 25, 2020.
- The district is currently serving 1088 students under roof.
- An additional 80 students attend Miami Valley Career Technical Center.
- An additional 218 students continue to work remotely.
- The district is tracking two, positive student cases representing 0.18% of the population attending in-person classes.
- The district is tracking four, positive staff member cases representing 2.5% of the employee population.
- Of the total number of individuals attending classes and working inside Milton-Union facilities, all positive cases represent 0.48% of the entire student and staff member population combined.
As we enter the holiday season and ready ourselves for the winter months ahead, the district will continue to monitor daily trends, and plans will be made to communicate positivity rates relative to student and staff member populations more frequently. As always, thank you for your continued support of Milton-Union Schools. Enjoy a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season!