Please Note: Earlier today and based on guidance from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Ohio Department of Health and Miami County Public Health adopted recommendations to reduce the duration of quarantine for those individuals potentially exposed to COVID-19. Please follow the link to review the ODH Recommended Options for Quarantine.
To better communicate the presence or absence of school spread, this message is intended to more accurately demonstrate the active COVID-19 cases Milton-Union continues to track as of Friday, December 4, 2020.
- The district is currently serving 1088 students under roof.
- An additional 80 students attend Miami Valley Career Technical Center.
- An additional 218 students continue to work remotely.
- The total enrollment for Milton-Union Schools is 1386.
- The district is tracking 13 positive or presumed positive student cases representing 1.19% of the population attending in-person classes.
- The district is tracking one, positive staff member case representing 0.63% of the employee population.
- Of the total number of individuals attending classes and working within Milton-Union facilities, all positive cases represent 1.12% of the entire student and staff member population combined.
- The district reported one additional positive case for a student participating in fully remote instruction.
- Of 13 positive student cases, one case is presumed positive.
The district will continue to monitor daily trends. Also, the district will begin revisiting the return dates for those students recently quarantined as early as Monday, December 7, 2020. As always, thank you for your continued support of Milton-Union Schools, and thank you for your patience and understanding.