Milton-Union High School will engage in fully remote learning beginning Tuesday, December 8 through Friday, December 18. Students will access instruction, coursework, and assignments digitally. Most, if not all, MUHS teachers are using Microsoft Teams and have prepared students to continue meaningful instruction remotely. The following information is intended for parents and families of high school students.
Staff Member Availability – High School teaching and administrative staff members will continue to report to the building for the short-term future.
- Teachers will be available to students during typical time periods.
- Students should not assume their teachers will respond to after hour email and Microsoft Teams messages.
Class Schedule – The High School will continue to follow the regular bell schedule, not the remote learning schedule. The middle school will continue in-person instruction for now. On a regular basis, several middle school students report to high school credited classes and instructors of high school programs. For the short-term future, these instructors will continue to be available to students.
- If the district moves to fully remote instruction for all three buildings, students would transition to the remote learning schedule.
Regular Bell Schedule (HS Schedule Beginning December 8)
|First Period||7:36am - 8:21am|
|Second Period||8:24am - 9:08am|
|Third Period||9:11am - 9:55am|
|Fourth Period||9:58am - 10:43am|
|Lunch||10:43am - 11:13am|
|Focus||11:18am - 11:48am|
|Seventh Period||11:52am - 12:40pm|
|Eighth Period||12:43pm - 1:30pm|
|Ninth Period||1:33pm - 2:21pm|
Technology Support – Students who need technology support should e-mail questions, concerns, and needs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments may also be made with Mr. Blackburn who can assist remotely through Microsoft Teams video chat.
- Students must “attend” their first period classes every day to be counted present, just like a regular, in-person day of school.
- Students with late arrival must sign-in as they normally would for a regular day of school. Follow the link for late arrival.
- Attendance information for MUHS remote learning through Friday, December 18, 2020 can be found at the following link. https://5il.co/nn52
- MUHS Athletics will cancel practices and competitions beginning Monday, December 7, 2020.
- Practice will tentatively resume on Saturday, December 12.
- High School competitions tentatively will resume on Saturday, December 19.
- We will continue to evaluate the status of Milton-Union High School Athletics daily.
- As of now, Middle School Athletics will continue as scheduled.
Arts and Activities
- MUHS Band, Show Choir, and Winterguard will follow the same parameters for practices and competitions.
- Afterschool practices may tentatively resume on Saturday, December 12.
- We will continue to evaluate the status of Arts and Activities daily.
- Continue to report symptoms and test results to building administration and clinic staff members.
- Although MUHS students are participating in instruction remotely, we continue to be responsible for reporting positive cases of COVID-19 to Miami County Public Health.
SchoolsPLP – These circumstances do not affect students and families already participating in fully remote instruction through SchoolsPLP. These students should continue their work as they have been since the beginning of the school year.
End-of-Course Exams – All EOC exams for high school students are postponed until after holiday break.
Although we continue to monitor circumstance daily, Milton-Union Middle School and Milton-Union Elementary School will continue in-person instruction. The district expects to provide more lead time for families of middle and elementary students to arrange supervision and childcare. We are hopeful the present situation improves, and we are then able to return high school students to in-person instruction after the holidays on Monday, January 4, 2020. School staff members will continue to monitor the situation daily.